Monologue Blogger supports short films. Have a look at these 7 engaging short film documentaries. For more short film reviews.
- A Rising Star Shines in Mo’ne Davis: Throw Like a Girl – Spike Lee and Chevrolet document the meteoric rise of a groundbreaking young athlete in this short film, Mo’ne Davis: Throw Like A Girl.
- Last Letters A Memoir – A short film documentary, Last Letters is a memoir from the families of those lost in the Sewol Ferry tragedy in April 2014.
- Upstate Purgatory Reveals the Human Side of Criminals – Upstate Purgatory is a nineteen minute short film where viewers can get a look at life inside the Albany County Jail.
- Bacon, God’s Wrath, and the Decline of Religion – The subject of Bacon and God’s Wrath is Razie Brownstone, a ninety-year-old woman from Ontario who is about to eat bacon for the first time in her life.
- The Shining Star of Losers Everywhere – The Shining Star of Losers Everywhere is an inspirational, 19-minute short documentary about a consistently losing racehorse named Haru Urara, who became a symbol of hope for people in Japan.
- Scientists Look for Another Earth – Clocking in at under ten minutes in length, this short film details the hard work put in by scientists who use everything at their disposal to make discoveries to advance knowledge and, perhaps, find a potential new home for the human race.
- The Emperor of Time – Edward Muybridge is known as the father of film and the emperor of time. Drew Christie shares Muybridge’s story through the narration of Hugh Ross in the short film, The Emperor of Time.