Monologue Blogger owns the rights to all monologue and script content on the site. We receive a significant amount of email inquiries regarding permission to use them.
If you are a filmmaker and wish to submit your short film to us for review. You can find all information at short film submission.
Below you will find the answers to some of your questions.
- Can I use your monologue/script for an audition, taped recording, video upload to the internet, video audition, classroom practice recordings or demo reel? Yes. You have permission to use any monologue/script from MB so long as it is for non-commercial purposes and we receive accreditation.
- Can I make a short film with your monologue/script? Yes. So long as it isn’t a commercial project and we receive credit as “Monologue Blogger”. If it is a commercial project, licensing fees apply. Email us about the monologue/script in question that you would like to adapt.
- Are your monologues from plays? Yes. We have a growing collection of monologue e-plays that you can comb through that we publish. If you do not see your e-play for the monologue you wish to use, you may put in a request for the play.
- Can you help me find a monologue/script? No. It’s important for an actor/creative to seek out material that they specifically connect to on their own.
- Can you write an original monologue/script just for me? No.