Ladies, it’s time to check your pulse or die from not laughing. These 12 female comedic monologues should at least give you a grin. Also, check out 50 Comic Monologues for Women if you want to laugh out all your intestines. Okay…just joking! But check it out because there may be some good material for you that you can use at your next audition gig.
Bring it home! Something like that…right. =)
- Just For Laughs 1-2 Minutes – Jane is sitting around a kitchen table having coffee and cake with her closest friends. The women all share stories of teasing and playing practical jokes on their children. Jane shares a recent story of a joke she played on her son unbeknownst to him.
- Phone Calls 1-2 Minutes – In this monologue, Meagan talks to her girlfriend over lunch about her frustration over the games guys play when it comes to making the first call. Meagan eats a lot of food during this monologue due to her anxiety over Frank, the guy she recently met. The food should be used as a prop for the scene.
- Flycatcher 1 Minute – In this monologue, Anna talks to her girlfriend about a humorous story regarding her and a fly.
- Next In Line 1 Minute – In this monologue, Lucille verbally abuses customers for no apparent reason. This is a comedy and meant to be a monologue skit. It’s as if a retail worker can actually speak their mind, this is what might come out. The character is a real bitch, full of sarcasm and attitude. Not someone you would like but it works for the piece written.
- The Girls 1-2 Minutes – In this monologue, Dana is listening to her girlfriend’s new love interest with hidden disgust and apparent loneliness.
- Ready, Aim, AIM 1 Minute – In this monologue, Rose talks to her boyfriend about being more considerate when he urinates “partially” into the toilet bowl.
- Dog Anxiety 1-2 Minutes – In this monologue, Raquel stops over her neighbors in her apartment complex building. She tells her of the terrible creature of a dog she has been babysitting for another friend.
- So Cute! 1 Minute – In this monologue, Mimi sits with her friends in the school cafeteria. She just spoke to the hottest boy in school, that all the girls are crushing on.
- Little Critters 1 Minute – In this monologue, Sarah is doing her “data entry” work at her job. She sits in her tiny cubicle when she notices a bug moving on top of her keypad. To say that she is scared of bugs is a huge understatement. She is petrified of bugs.
- Color & Style 1 Minute – In this monologue, Ziggy complains to her girlfriends about how horrible her hair looks because of the salon she went to.
- Snot Rags 1 Minute – Elaine tells her cousin Jessica to stop being such a slob and confronts her with regards to finding dirt ‘snot tissues’ around their apartment.
- Crappy Pants 2 Minutes – Elise crapped her pants on a first date with the hottest football player from Queens. She shares this upsetting story with her friend Anna.