Need a dramatic monologue that will make your audience cry? Monologues have the dramatic ability to open hearts and make people feel a flood of emotions.
In this post we are sharing with you a few monologues for men/women that are in the drama genre that may connect with you for an audition.
Monologues That Will Make The Audience Cry
Monologues for Men
- Henry and the Wizard – In this monologue, HENRY tells his wife that he is just an average man. Wizard is their dog, who happens to have a recovering broken leg.
- My Youth – In this monologue, HERSCHEL stands over his former music teacher’s gravestone.
- Freddy Ferrara – In this monologue, a petrified Freddy Ferrara talks to his brother Richie’s answering machine from a payphone in fear for his life.
- Mexican City Dreams – Miguel talks to his American friend about wishing he was a citizen.
Monologues for Women
- Lick My Wounds – In this drama monologue Crystal confronts her boyfriend about how she thinks he should break up with her if he isn’t happy.
- Stand Up – In this dramatic monologue, J talks about going after your dreams. Don’t live in fear.
- Beautiful Day – In this monologue, Linda talks to a stranger in a park about her physical appearance.
- Second Look – In this monologue, CHER is talking to her close friend about how she may not be as attractive to men as she once was.