When it comes to educating acting students on monologue performance, Monologue Blogger has thousands of monologues/scripts/acting games you can choose from.
Monologues for High School Drama Teachers
You may also find that some of the monologues shared here can also be used for middle school acting students. We would recommend checking out our kid monologue section for younger performers.
- If you are looking for monologues from published plays, we have a one-act ePlay section where you can find such material.
- Just So You Know – Sally feels like her relationship with her sister is not existent and in this monologue she shares how she feels.
- My Side of Things – being stubborn because of pride is something Clara faces all too often with her sister.
- Heavy Cough – Emilia talks to her mother about how she doesn’t feel well but she also has a test coming up. Is it the truth?
- Telling Secrets – Sarah is upset with her friend because she told the boy she likes that she has a crush on him.
- Please Forgive Me – Jesse has a problem and it has to do with bad mouthing his girlfriend all too often.
- Anything Sweet Stays – Carolina can’t seem to stay fit despite constantly working out but maybe that has something to do with the fact that she love her sweets.
- I Liked Her First – Sergio is hurt because his friend decided to kiss the girl he likes.
- Lick My Wounds – Crystal tells her boyfriend that if they continue fighting that perhaps they have reached the point of parting ways.
- Corner Store – Jasmine has become extremely concerned for her friend because she drinks way too much.
- Real Dad – Ashley tries reaching out to her father about his drinking problem and how it factors into their relationship.
- Bring About Change – Melanie shares her vision with her Auntie about how she wishes to go about changing the world.
- Bad Look – Emily nitpicks and talks smack behind a friends back regarding the way she laughs.
- Stacy’s Eyes – Cristina is upset and jealous over the fact that Stacy always seems to talk to the same guys she likes.
- The World Is Not Kind – Polly no longer wants to be treated like a kid with her immediate family.
- A Walk in the Sun – Alderon is a vampire and he issn’t sure he should bite the neck of the woman he loves to make her immortal like him.
- Cider, Baby – Sophie has an unhealthy obsession with apple cider and in this monologue it becomes comedic.
- Tis Pity He’s A Brother – Miss Lorelli tells her brother that he needs to stop being lazy and give more respect to their family.
- Sly Statements – Melanie doesn’t want to be treated in a condescending manner from her boyfriend and in this monologue she sticks up for herself.
- Potato Head – All Ronda’s cousin wants to do is sit at home and be a couch potato.
- Mad Mike – Mike has dreams of becoming a rap star.
- Hey, Blacky – Sam gives his final goodbye to his best friend blacky, a dog chained up to a post.
- Ever So Gently – Joshua treats his older brother with a wet wash cloth because he is recovering from taking a beating from their father.
- Boost – Lana talks to her friends about how much she likes Michael.
- Nobody Bothers Me – Patrick denies the fact that he has been getting bullied at school.
- Typical Teen – Shadira is most dedicated to her figure skating and craves more emotional support and understanding from her mother.
- We have another fantastic list we highly recommend: 30 Comedy/Drama Monologues for Classroom Study
For theatre games and exercises for your drama class, please take a look at the following:
- 7 Theatre Games for Kids and Teens
- Drama Exercises to Develop Characters
- Acting Games and Exercises for Warm Ups
- 30 Comedy/Drama Monologues for Classroom Study
- Drama Lessons Any Drama Teacher Can Have Fun Teaching
If you like what Monologue Blogger has to offer please let your friends and colleagues know about us! Thanks!