Here are 10 effective short monologues for teens and kids to be used for auditions, scene study, YouTube channel videos, workshops, acting reels and any other creative concepts you may have.
10 Free Teen Audition Monologues
- Starting Fires – JAN tells her sister that she needs to learn to maintain self-control when she gets annoyed over things.
- You Will Look Pretty Amazing – CARA approaches a girl she randomly ever talks to about helping her apply some makeup in order to highlight her natural features.
- I Thought We Were Best Friends – LENA confronts her so called ‘best friend’ about the change in her behavior.
- Mind Travel Journeys – MASON talks to his Grandfather about how he copes with not being happy at school, with family and in town.
- One Hundred Percent Sure – JABEZ talks to his cousin about whether or not God really exists and how he feels about it all.
- Straight A Student – PAIGE talks to her nextdoor neighbor Sally, who is a couple years older than her and extremely popular.
- Bad Influence – ARNA is off to college but before she leaves the house, she has a final word with her mother.
- I Don’t Want To Go Out With You – SANDY let’s a high school friend know that she doesn’t want to go out with him.
- Before It gets Dark Out – SANDRA complains to her friend about how unorganized she is during their trip with friends overseas.
- Stop Wearing My Merch – DWIGHT tells another high schooler that he needs to stop imitating his style.
- 52 Effective Short Monologues for Teens and Kids is another section of the site filled with more young actor monologues.