Damn, that’s sad monologues contain topics on love, physical beauty, flashbacks, trickery, bravery, hustle, charm, defeat and scare tactics. MB’s free library of contemporary monologues consist of comedy/drama for adult/teen/kid 1-2-3 minutes long.
Damn, That’s Sad Monologues
MONOLOGUES FOR WOMEN
- Second Look – CHER: It hasn’t happened for quite some time. I was thinking about this all day and it must have been years since I’ve ever felt that feeling…you know?
- White Tail Spider – WS: You like watching the scifi channel? Well, I LOVE watching the scifi channel. In fact, my preferred nickname is the white tail;
- Silent Treatment – M/F: What’s wrong? …What happened? Why you in such a mood? You can’t talk to me? Is it something I did?
- Addicted – MAN/WOMAN: You’re so addicted to me, aren’t you? You can’t stop yourself from coming to see me, can you?
- On The Surface – KARA: Why am I different? What’s different? I’m not different…I‘m me.
- Residue – JENNIFER..I don’t feel like being funny…[scratches her neck] I don’t. DON’T! Don’t touch me right now—I’m sorry—I need my space;
- If My Inner Thoughts Could Speak – JALINE: If my inner thoughts could speak about you, here’s what I’d say…You were wrong about me. You’ve strengthened me. You fuel my passions, my fire, my energy.
- I Can’t Win – NELLA: I’m tired of him! Who the hell does he think he is to insult me that way? I cannot believe it Jeff. I am the adult.
- The Perfect Person – MARSHA: I know I have issues. But point to the person who doesn’t? Are you the perfect person? I resent the fact that you criticize me and judge me.
- Say It – TIANNA: Say it…go on…say it. Even though you didn’t say it, I still heard it. I felt it reach the tip of your tongue but you thought better of it…didn’t you?
- Smile Pretty, Alice – ANITA: Smile pretty, Alice. We both know one thing…the truth. We both know what you’ve done. We both know.
MONOLOGUES FOR MEN
- Wartime Memories – XAVIER: I was shipped out at a time when it was freezing outside. We were all bunkered up in the mountains.
- Straight To The Nitty Gritty – NED: You see, I don’t ask questions, lad. Questions, bore me. I only ask one question but I don’t ask the question until I know for certain that you’re ready.
- Hungry Machine – CALVIN: This guy doesn’t quit! He’s like a wound up hungry machine that doesn’t seem to have a turn off switch. What motivates him?
- Army of Men – J: There’s an abnormal side to me…something I’ve always been aware of since I was a child. Something deeply disturbing…when it comes to loving someone.
- Test Score – JESSE: The worst feeling in the world would come over me whenever I flunked a test. This wave of fear would blanket my skin. Whenever I didn’t make the grade, I knew I had shit to face at home…
- Henry and The Wizard – HENRY: You keep on tryna dig through layers of who I am and all you’re reaching now is pure one-hundred percent bone. There ain’t nothin’ left of me, Ellen.
- Funny Man – GREG: I don’t feel like being funny. Is that alright with you? I know you guys paid good money to get in here. I don’t feel like being funny tonight.
- Any Given Day – HARRY: You have this tendency to talk down at people, in order to make yourself the be all end all expert at something.
- Do It – S: You have a dream? Then why are you just sitting there scratching yourself all day? You want to be something? It’s not going to happen on its own and by itself.
- Frame of Mind – MITCH: It’s a certain view; the way one thinks…that’s really it. (pause.) It’s the difference between a dumb man and a wise man. You follow? No? Well, that’s okay.
- Since Back In Auborn – GEORGE: Only way anybody gonna know ’bout life on the ranch is if you actually live it. That’s the truth.
- Contemporary Monologues from Published Plays is a really solid resource for actors looking for monologue material from modern plays for auditions.