Monologue Blogger maintains thousands of free contemporary monologues from stand alone material & published plays you may use for your next acting audition.
Contemporary Monologues from Published Plays
- No Comparison – CORDELIA and SOPHIA is a play that drills deep on questioning the true definition of friendship.
- Protective Shield – Rita talks to her best friend about the problems she has within herself about never being capable of opening up to another human being.
- The Bear – Tiffany has been struggling with her chosen profession and as a last ditch effort turns to her teacher for help as to whether or not she should continue her work.
- Coffee Table – Melanie is a psycho ward patient who has conversations with people who aren’t really there…or are they?
- Beautiful Day – LINDA has never had the confidence to accept who she truly is in a physical sense. While strolling through a park alone she encounters a stranger with a message that she takes to heart.
- Two Shades Away – Melanie has long ago given up on her dreams of being a dancer but the haunting has not stopped. Her good friend tries to encourage her to not give up on what matters most to her. But is it already to late?
- Shadows of My Mind – NAOMI opens up to her Aunt about a circle of depression she encounters in her life. Her Aunt shares her own personal story with her which grows their bond.
- Pay Attention – Linda finds out that her boyfriend has been cheating on her with one of her close friends. This all takes place while riding inside a cab. The cab driver takes on empathy for Linda and the two share in raising one another’s spirits on a cold winter day.
- I Can’t Win – Two parents come together to try and understand their daughter’s involvement with a man they feel isn’t the right fit for her.
- Jasper The Whale – This is a one-act play about CHARLIE, a man at the end of his rope, who undergoes a final series of life memories, while talking to his best friend in the whole wide world, an ironclad statue of a whale.
- Burden of Being Taken – This is a surrealistic piece. BAKER comes home from the war and shares in horrific detail his experience.
- Toast of Broadway – a melodramatic play on two lovers trying to make good on a happy life with one another.
- True Calling – CHARLA talks to her good friend about how she needs to follow her dreams and not give up on her true calling
Find more contemporary monologues from plays
Free Teen Monologues from Plays
- Mind Trick – Good piece for a female or male about feeling normal and fitting into society.
- Bubble World – Jasmine is sick and tired of how materialistic her cousin is all the time.
- Angel Prayers – Milani is faced with changing who she is based on her faith that something better is out there.
- I’m Not Dumb – Tabitha wants to be smart and turns to her school guidance counselor for help.
- Just So You Know – Sally and her sister do not have a great relationship.
- For more Teen Monologues from Plays
- All Of A Sudden – VICKY talks to her boyfriend about how he doesn’t listen when she needs him to really listen.
- The Signing – Eliza talks to her best friend about whether or not she should sign a prenuptial agreement.
- Protective Shield – Rita talks to her friend about how she has a difficult time opening up to people she cares about.
- Contents Flammable – Nora talks about the tragic events that unfolded with her daughter. She speaks to a group of people in a therapy session.
- Beautiful Day – Linda talks to a stranger in a park about her physical appearance.
- White Tail Spider – A female serial killer doing what she does best….preparing herself for the final phase with her latest victim.
- Dark Side of My Moon – KIMALE talks to a friend about how he/she struggles with two sides to their personality.
- Can I Be A Mother? – REBECCA talks to her friend about the possibility of becoming a mother for the first time.
- Going Vegan – TIFFANY justifies her reason for choosing a vegan diet.
- Henry and the Wizard – HENRY tells his wife that he is just an average man. Wizard is their dog, who happens to have a recovering broken leg.
- Wrong Side of the Tracks – BERNARDO visits an elderly rich woman on her estate. As the story goes, when he was a younger man struggling to survive, he had asked this woman, Mrs. Emily for a loan to start a business.
- Where’s My Lasagna? – VITO talks to a recruit about having someone removed.
- One Of The Good Guys – CARLSTON goes off on a journalist who wrote a major cover story about him, reporting false allegations.
- Straight to the Nitty Gritty – NED speaks with a heavy Irish accent. He’s the guy you don’t want to wake up to while being strapped to a chair.
- Challenged – GREGORY talks to his girlfriend about his own peculiar challenge when it comes to fulfilling personal goals.
- Final Film Reel – J talks about how there are life images he would like to have played back to him as a highlighted film reel of his life, when it’s his time to pass.
- Good Manners – FAGEN talks to his digital voice recorder, which he keeps as his personal journal, about his latest experiences with his girlfriend.
- Bendable – MR. WILSON talks with his students about the possibility of bringing forth the physical existence of something from one’s imagination.
- Just For Laughs – Jane is sitting around a kitchen table having coffee and cake with her closest friends. The women all share stories of teasing and playing practical jokes on their children. Jane shares a recent story of a joke she played on her son unbeknown-st to him.
- Phone Calls – Meagan talks to her girlfriend over lunch about her frustration over the games guys play when it comes to making the first call.
- Underwhelm – This is a dark humor monologue that explores a woman who is numb to life.
- Just One Thing – Jane talks to her girlfriend about how she can’t stand her boyfriend farting all the time.
- Gangster Grandma – GANGSTER GRANDMA talks to her Grandson about whacking one of her long time friends after bingo.
- The Girls – Dana is listening to her girlfriend’s new love interest with hidden disgust and apparent loneliness.
- Ready, Aim, AIM – ROSE talks to her boyfriend about being more considerate when he urinates “partially” into the toilet bowl.
- Dog Anxiety – Raquel stops over her neighbors in her apartment complex building. She tells her of the terrible creature of a dog she has been babysitting for another friend.
- Little Critters – Sarah is doing her “data entry” work at her job. She sits in her tiny cubicle when she notices a bug moving on top of her keypad. To say that she is scared of bugs is a huge understatement. She is petrified of bugs.
- There He Is – PETE talks about how annoying his co-worker Andrew is and how he is caught in a world of inner turmoil over it.
- Nutter – POP talks to his wife about the nutter their daughter is dating.
- Side Effects – DOCTOR OSVALD KNICKERBOCKER is a German Doctor who has flown overseas to warn Americans of a new approaching epidemic.
- Upon My Return – Sir Walter Walter speaks to his Lord about killing captured defiers of the throne and stopping afterwards for some Burger King.
- YO – KIRBY is having a really bad day and it gets worse when one of his workers calls him “yo” instead of by his real name.
- Average A**hole – An OWNER of a manufacturing company fires an employee, but first tells him what an asshole he is.
- Medium – This is a comedy monologue about a man who imagines himself being 6’5 when in reality he’s about 5’8.
- Public High – about a guy who goes outside his apartment for the first time, while stoned out of his mind. He is accompanied by his weed expert girlfriend.
- Sack and Crack – BRUCE calls his friend with an emergency regarding his most precious jewels.
Be sure to go to our main contemporary monologues page where you will find thousands more monos available to you for your monologue search.
Contemporary monologues are sometimes not too easy to come by. So if you like what Monologue Blogger is offering, please share our resource with your friends and fellow performers.